“The theme for this year’s VTF was Ultra Mobility. PC 2.0, Web 2.0 and the Mobility 2.0 lifestyle were the types of terms being used by the speakers. The atmosphere was one of anticipation and optimism, as well as progress and success – of taking something to the next level, the next stage. Read on to find out what VIA, Microsoft and Packard Bell see as the key factors in bringing UMPCs to the mainstream.”
Here are some more Shows and Expos articles from around the web:
- Computex 2007 – Day 1 Show Coverage @ Legit Reviews
- Computex 2007: Intel, Kingston, Foxconn, FIC, Gigabyte & More @ HotHardware
- Computex 2007 Day One @ Ninjalane
- Computex Taipei 2007 – Part 1 @ Hardware Zone
- Computex Taipei 2007 – Part 2 @ Hardware Zone
- Computex 2007: MACS & Casetek @ techPowerUp!
- Computex 2007: PQI @ techPowerUp!
- The Tech Report @ Computex
Source: VIA Arena
There is also the VIA Technology Forum, and VIA Arena is there. The focus is on low power consumption, less size and weight and a lower cost, something they call PC 2.0. There are slides from the keynote speeches, the new Mobile-ITX form factor and looks at the future of mobile, and ultra mobile, computing.