“TRANSMETA JUST ANNOUNCED that AMD has invested $7.5 million in the company in exchange for TMTA stock.
We have checked the stock price of Transmeta, which stood at $0.70 at time of writing. With AMD’s investment being $7.5 million and the fact that the value of transaction yielded in AMD taking five and one quarter million stocks, it does not take a wizard to calculate what is actually happening.
AMD is still a way off from owning Transmeta, a company that has a market cap of $139 million, but this is a very significant investment”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- MS Moves R&D To Canada Due To Immigration Problem @ Slashdot
- Microsoft to Release 6 Security Updates Next Week @ Slashdot
- Blackberry “Spy” Software Released @ Slashdot
- Linus support packages now on VIA Arena
- Microsoft tries to back out of Linux corner @ The Inquirer
- Customizing OS X: The Easy Way @ Techgage
- Networking More Than Just Computers: Part 2 @ PC Mechanic
- Use The Simplest Solution @ PC Mechanic
- How to Convert Documents to PDFs For Free! @ PC Mechanic
- TweakGuides Tweaking Companion Updated @ TweakGuides
- Ultra Contest Giveaway @ HardwareLogic
- Ultra Products Contest @ Overclockers Online
- FrozenCPU.com $500 Banner Contest! – Enter for a chance at $500! @ PC Apex
Source: The Inquirer
AMD has invested a sizable chunk in Transmeta, who once manufactured semiconductors like the Crusoe and now focuses more on intellectual property and design. They helped AMD with the HyperTransport Bus as well as their move to 64 bit architecture. The Inquirer has more on this interesting development for AMD.