I have the extreme pleasure in posting an interview with a member who has consistently been a bright helpful addition..undersea..or as you will come to know him, Brian. US has long been active in Chaintech and later Gigabyte where I got to know and appreciate him. I’m sure you have bumped into him elsewhere as well. Nuf ratchet jawin, here’s the real deal:
Hi there. Let me take a minute to introduce myself. I’m Uncle Bob, a Mod here at PC Perspective. We will be running a series of articles within the forum that will be called Mod Interviews. I ask revealing, embarrassing, stupid, probing questions of Mods and hopefully you get to laugh with us at ourselves and in the process get to know some of us better. Beware, not all the Mods are as forthcoming as you may like, I do my best to uncover the truth, but haven’t always hit the mark.
1. I realize many of the mods here are in a witness protection program of some sort, but can you give us your real name?
Brian – My forum names comes from the love my old love of scuba diving.
2. Why did you join PCPer/AMDMB?
I had used it to learn about computers and the new Athlon XP before buying an ABS PC computer. Then a few weeks after needed it again to learn about clearing CMOS after my first OCing mishap. Our own Udarts helped me out.
3. Which forums do you frequent the most?
Intel Gigabyte, still fond of AMD Chaintech!
4. Why do you keep coming back?
People I’ve meet over the years, Computer information, Hot Babes Bar
5. What was your first experience with a computer?
The original IBM PC. Liked that computer allot!
6. Do you prefer to be called a “geek” or a “nerd”?
Either, Doesn’t much matter, I have a problem, I admit it
7. What do you do like to do the most here at PC Perspective?
Help new people set up computers, OC, and have a few laughs.
8. What do you like most about PC Perspective?
Forums and the reviews!
9. OK, we all know this is coming…What do you like least about your PC Perspective?
10. How long have you been active in PC Perspective?
I’d say 2003 sometime. Even before I joined the forums I was reading them.
11. Where are most active here? What is it you suppose that draws you to that particular area?
Intel Gigabyte, Helping, gaming & folding. Information and somewhere to hangout.
12. What interests do you have outside of PC Perspective. Don’t be shy, if you don’t have a life outside of here, many readers would like to know!
House, Family, Work (Sign Industry), Mountain climbing, use to be an avid scuba diver. I’m an Addicted PC gamer!
13. OK, it’s hardware time! Let’s start with your most, or current favorite piece of hardware. Tell us about it.
Well its a toss up but the the core 2 duo is sweet! Monster OC’s. The 150 Raptor is a great drive of you can afford it! Ebay is your friend!
14. Software? Hey, if you are a closet Linux user, now’s the time to come out. (If you are a closet Microsoft user, don’t be afraid, we can keep a secret!)
Microsoft all the way. Not smart enough for Linux and I game allot so linux is a no go for me.
15. OK, let’s get real personal. Witness Protection Program be damned…Can you tell us something about yourself you’d like us to know?
Witness program naa, Computers anonymous would be more likely with all the time I spend in front of them. Love building new machines! BF2 and 2142 have taken large chunks of time from me!
16. What can you tell us about your job? Hey, if you do something illegal, now’s a good enough time as any to make a clean start!
Project manager for a large sign company. Been working there for 17 years. No fear of heights!
17. Where do you live? (Be fearless, your secret is safe with us..)
The great state of New Jersey! Exit 165
18. What can you tell us about your family??
Beautiful wife and daughter. Kid loves computers already!, Wife dislikes them, imagine that!
19. Here’s a delicate one…How old are you and where did you grow up?
40, NJ, Vermont, Long Beach Island!
20. Well, we are getting to the end of it, it’ll all be over soon, I promise. What you would like to say to our forum members, go ahead anything. Get it off your chest. We have all day here….
No question is a stupid one! Its a great place to learn!
Interview with member undersea
Source: PC Perspective