Final Thoughts and Conclusions
It’s refreshing to see a manufacturer targeting the needs of mainstream users. Not everyone wants (and very few need) an 800W to 1,200W power supply. 450W is plenty of power to run the majority of mid-level enthusiast PCs. With the introduction of the VX450W, Corsair brings to market another excellent power supply. The VX450W delivers solid voltages with good regulation and excellent efficiency with virtually no noise. It features a dedicated, single +12V rail and is backed by an industry leading 5-year warranty. Highly recommended!
The Corsair VX450W power supply will begin distribution today (
- Solid, stable voltages with minimal AC ripple
- Very quiet during normal operation – virtually silent
- Excellent build quality with industrial grade components
- Very good efficiency along with Active PFC
- Single +12V output up to 33A
- Compact chassis size (only 140mm deep)
- Black mesh sleeved cables
- Excellent value
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Only one 6-pin PCI-E cable/connector
For excellent performance, efficiency and value, the new Corsair VX450W power supply is awarded the coveted PCPerspective Editor’s Choice Award.
Corsair VX450W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair Memory for sending us the new VX450W PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Corsair’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Corsair VX450W PSU, just click into this thread in our forums to join in the discussion!