“Fury is a massively muliplayer online role-playing game, but it has fast action like a first-person shooter. I was able to speak with the CEO of Auran, Tony Hilliam, who showed me the current state of Fury. Tony stated that the number one goal of Fury was to create a great PvP game, as most PvP games are an afterthought for an existing single-player game (such as Quake, Half-Life, and Far Cry). He described it as World of Warcraft on steroids, mixed with a healthy dose of Unreal Tournament.
In focusing on PvP, there are no tradeoffs on PvE Elements. As you level up and aquire more goodies, fighting is still about the skill of the player. Part of the skill is matching the appropriate power-ups and using them appropriately. There are over 400 abilities available to the characters, and you can only equip a certain number of them at any one time (based on your current level).”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption @ Bonafide Reviews
- Beautiful Corruption: a review of Metroid Prime 3 @ Ars Technica
- Wii Cooking Mama Review @ Rbconsoles
- Mario Strikers Charged @ Bonafide Reviews
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) @ DH
- Overlord @ Strategy Informer
- Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts MP Beta Preview @ Benchmark Reviews
- Jeanne D’Arc (PSP) @ DH
- The Goblin Game: A Turn-based Online Strategy Game Preview @ OCModShop
- Assassin’s Creed Q&A With Ubisoft’s Patrice Desilets @ OCModShop
- 2K Games BioShock PC Game @ Pro-Clockers
- Bioshock @ GameConnect
- Bioshock @ Bonafide Reviews
- BioShock @ TweakTown
- Complete BioShock Walkthrough (PC & Xbox 360) @ OCModShop
A different kind of MMORPG
Based on the Unreal Engine 3, Fury combines the speed of a FPS with a MMO game, or as the creator puts it, “Unreal Tournament with swords and auctions“. OCMODSHOP took a look at this game, and the various unique features that it offers, up to and including it’s fee structure. If you like the online play of Guild Wars and WoW, but need a little excitement, or just want to try a team based fighting game, this might be right up your alley.
Hey, don’t know if you’ll see
Hey, don’t know if you’ll see this or not but I came across this article while looking for information on old MMOs(doing research for an article) and I see that a bunch of these links are now directed towards non-related websites with some even being completely down.
The bad links are:
Metroid 3: Bonafide reviews(redirects to a hotel site)
Wii Cooking Mama Review: Rbconsoles(Site can’t be reached)
Mario Strikers: Bonafide reviews(hotel site again)
2K Games BioShock PC Game: Pro-Clockers:(file not found page)
BioShock: GameConnect(redirects to another hotel site)
I know this post is old but I still ended up finding it, so I’d thought I’d let you know! Have a nice day.
Oh and here’s my MMO site if you’re curious(probably not but who knows).