Final Thoughts and Conclusions
It’s hard not to compare Zalman’s new Z-Machine GT1000 enclosure with their original entry into the high-end, mid-tower enthusiast market, the Fatal1ty FC-ZE1. The Z-Machine GT1000 enclosure has obvious roots in the Fatal1ty design. But Zalman has listened to their customers and the Z-Machine now picks up where the Fatal1ty left off.
The Z-Machine GT1000 is Zalman’s second entry into the mid-tower, premium enclosure market and it comes close to perfection. One of Zalman’s goals was to build the best case money can buy and with the Z-Machine GT1000 they have succeeded.
The Z-Machine is an outstanding case with just the right balance of clean lines, elegant styling, and functional features that demanding enthusiasts want in a premium enclosure. The materials, construction techniques, and build quality are unmatched. The layout of the front panel is near perfect and the included LED cooling fans provide very good airflow and case cooling. The easy to use vibration isolating mounts for up to six 3.5″ HDDs and tool-free ODD mounting systems are excellent. Overall the Z-Machine is an outstanding case that is sure to appeal to the majority of PC enthusiasts. If you are in the market for a premium computer enclosure, the Z-Machine GT1000 deserves a very close look. Highly recommended!
As you would undoubtedly expect, a premium enclosure like the Z-Machine is going to command a premium price. The MSRP for the Zalman Z-Machine GT1000 high-end gaming enclosure is $399.99 USD but it is currently available from SharkaComputers in either Titanium or Black for $379.95 USD.
- Materials, construction techniques, and build quality are excellent
- Clean, elegant styling
- Beautiful anodized finish inside and out (Titanium-look or Black)
- Excellent front panel layout
- Outstanding tool-free ODD mounting system
- Easy to use, vibration damping HDD mounts
- Up to six 3.5″ HDD locations
- Three included cooling fans with LEDs (Blue/Titanium or Red/Black)
- Very good airflow and case ventilation
- Three hinged side doors for easy access into case
- Large tinted viewing window
- Removable motherboard mounting plate
- Classy audiophile style feet
- Relatively heavy – Sculptured aluminum handles might be nice
- No dust filters on intake fans
Bottom line, if I could pick any high end gaming enclosure I wanted, this is the one I would choose!
Zalman Z-Machine GT1000 High End Computer Enclosure
I would like to thank our friends at Zalman USA and Sharka Computers for sending us the Z-Machine GT1000 enclosure to review – thank you! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on the Z-Machine or any of Zalman’s other high quality products.
If you have any questions or comments about this article or would like to see what others have to say about the Z-Machine, just click into our Cases, Power and Modding forum to join in the discussion!
Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best prices on the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors, and anything else you may want to buy!