“The Eye-Fi. It’s an SD memory card that adds Wi-Fi to any camera. Plus the free Eye-Fi service supports automatic uploads to 20 different web photo sites (like Flickr) as well as a computer on your home network.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Google Begins “Gmail 2.0” Rollout @ Slashdot
- The Uncertain Future of BitTorrent @ Slashdot
- Turning Your Xbox 360 into a Media Extender @ ExtremeTech
- Tri-SLI scores tip up @ The Inquirer
- Easy Online Image Rotation Without Installing a Script @ Bigbruin
- Rosewill RDF-670B Digital Picture Frame @ Futurelooks
- Win a Ben Heck AudioFX Pro 5+1 PC Gaming Headset @ Bigbruin
Camera buffs untie!
Gizmodo has spotted what is probably the most useful SD card on the planet. For just $100 you get a whole 2GB of storage … and Wi-Fi! There is a completely enclosed Wi-Fi chip that will let you upload pictures directly to your PC, without having to hunt down the wires, or the dock, that were sitting in front of you 5 minutes ago, and have since gone walkabout. The only downside is no HotSpot connectivity.