“It has a game-centric user interface for the configuration of multiple ports or port ranges in the firewall by selecting the game title from a menu. The Gaming Router can be accessed quickly to change settings and adjust performance for individual applications, the firm says.
A packet processing engine is integrated directly in the router, giving online games priority for bandwidth over all other Internet applications, e-mail and FTP transfers. These aim to boost gaming to maximum speeds to provide the ultimate “no lag” gaming experience”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Hackers deliver instant Iphone hack @ The Inquirer
- The Business of Technology: Intel Q3 2007 @ AnandTech
- Memory Cache Quiz @ Hardware Secrets
- A guide to fixing software errors @ TechwareLabs
- Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest 2007 @ PC Apex
- Futurelooks News Flash – Eight Crazy Weeks of Giveaways – Week THREE of EIGHT – Sponsored by Thermaltake
Source: The Inquirer
The newest online gamer target product will be arriving thanks to D-Link, their Draft 802.11n Xtreme N Gaming Router. With an onboard packet processing unit, and full compatibility with X-box and Playstation, it is designed to make the most of your internet connection, presumably with the help of a Killer NIC. Drop by The Inquirer to get a look at this new router and it’s MSRP.