“The idea for this mod was born when I was assembling a computer: I noticed that the distance between the motherboard’s s-ata connectors and the HDD was very short and due to that I thought it would turn out really ugly if I’d just use a full length 40 cm S-ATA cable. I decided to make a custom S-ATA cable for this case – The Baby SATA was born.”
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Taking Samsung’s Hybrid Hard Drive for a Spin @ ExtremeTech
- Corsair Flash Drives @ t-break
- Kingston DataTraveler Secure 2GB USB Drive @ DragonSteelMods
- LaCie 2big Triple (2TB) Hard Drive Review @ Digital Trends
- OCZ ATV 4GB USB Flash Drive @ OCModShop
MektuMods wasn’t overly impressed by the length of their SATA cables, and in the effort to clean up their case design, they took an axe to them. Figuring the pin out was the easy part, but if you want to shorten your SATA cables as well, get ready to break out the soldering iron and hot glue gun.