“WORD HAD DRIFTED in from the far east that AMD will be launching Barcelona based Opterons at 2.6GHz.
As Fudo pointed out yesterday, the Phenom SKU will be a bit higher, 2.8 or more, with 3.0 coming in January if they don’t squeak it in this year.
It will be interesting to see how the B2s perform with all the bug fixed in place, that will be the key.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Chinese Security Site Under New Kind of Attack @ Slashdot
- The Business of Technology: Creative Labs @ AnandTech
- Nvidia to launch IGP chipsets for AMD in November @ DigiTimes
- Will Windows Mobile Be The Only Mobile OS? @ The TechZone
- Evolution Will Make Me A Mac User @ OSWeekly
- Why I Chose Linux @ MadPenguin.org
- IDNET | Free Trial Offer @ Overclock3D
- 5 Things You Can Do With Your Webcam @ PC Mechanic
Source: The Inquirer
It looks like the disappointment that many felt when the clock speeds of AMD’s Barcelona chips may be short lived. The Inquirer is tracking and verifying rumours that the server line of Barcelona processors will scale up to 2.6 GHz. Considering that the when the parts were first announced, every single 65nm chip was clocked under 2GHz, this is good news for AMD and enthusiasts.