“The people at Vole have been a mite concerned that the Windows kernels are getting a little bloated and have told Traut to come up with something a little more efficient.
A video of Traut talking about his low footprint Windows kernel has found its way onto the world wide wibble here.
He has called it MinWin, which sounds a bit like a character from the Goon Show. Although the information is interesting enough we really liked the ASCII Windows logo as the beast fires up.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Beta @ ExtremeTech
- LapWorks Futura Desk @ TechwareLabs
- ASUS Eee PC goes on sale (we have pics!) @ TweakTown
- Lucinda Barlow, Symbian VP Reveals Products and Strategies @ HEXUS
- Valve Interview Series Part One @ Gamehelper
- Say Bye-Bye to iPod Killers, Welcome iPhone Killers @ CoolTechZone
- Migrating Away From Windows, But Not Ready For Linux? @ OSWeekly
- Open Source, Firefox and New Search Options Emerge @ OSWeekly
- Leopard’s Release Date a Serious Mistake @ OSWeekly
- The Future of Trusted Linux Computing @ MadPenguin
- PCMark Vantage: New Complex System Performance Benchmark @ X-bit Labs
- Why Next-Gen Formats Have an Uphill Battle @ Digital Trends
- Cisco Directors Are Arrested in Brazil For Tax Evasion Scheme @ Hardware Secrets
Source: The Inquirer
Microsoft has been very quiet about Windows 7, but thanks to a speech to university students we know a little more about it’s kernel. Head over to The Inquirer for a link to video of the presentation and a unique windows logo.