“… Overall, the Abit IX38 Quad GT offers good performance using Intel’s X38 chipset. But it’s the overclocking ability that makes this board shine. ”
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- VIA Hyperion Pro 5.14A Drivers Released @ VIA Arena
- Choosing a Motherboard for a Middle-End Machine (Socket AM2) @ DigitLife
- MSI K9AGM2-FIH AMD Motherboard @ TheTechLounge
- Asus M2A-VM HDMI: AM2 mATX motherboard @ SPCR
- 4-Way Intel P35 Motherboard Overclocking Roundup @ Madshrimps
The Abit IX38 Quad GT has a rally strange mix of features. It supports a 1600MHz FSB, which is fairly rare; but it partners that with DDR2, skipping any chance you have of having synchronous RAM and CPU buses. The motherboard certainly isn’t cheap, so the use of the older RAM doesn’t seem to have much to do with making this the basis of a cheap system. CPU3D put the board through it’s paces, and found it quite solid as well as demonstrating a superior ability to overclock without delving into voltages.