“I, like many Home Theater PC owners, simply don’t have enough storage. Even though Terabyte hard drives are available (and somewhat affordable), I still don’t have enough. I have a dedicated seperate drive for music, one for Recorded TV, another one for movies, another for photos, and another for High-Definition content… and that’s just ONE of my Media Centers!
The physical limitations of the drive also makes organizing difficult. I could mix my high-definition movies with my normal Divx and X-vid movies, but I don’t have a drive large enough to accomodate both. Sure, I could make a simple JBOD array to make them a logical letter, but this will be a never-ending process of adding more drives to my box until it is as noisy as a construction site.”
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Thermaltake DH101 VF7001BNC HTPC Case @ R&B Mods
- Antec Veris Fusion Black HTPC Case Review @ Tweaknews
- Pinnacle PCTV HD Video Capture Card @ OCModShop
- Plextor HDTV500U – USB HDTV Tuner Reviewed @ Boot Daily
- The case of the missing CableCARD-ready set-top box @ Ars Technica
- Moneual Labs MonCaso 932P Platinum HTPC Enclosure Review @ OCIA
Confessions of a multimedia packrat
Just because your HTPC system is full to overflowing, even thought it has several terabytes of storage doesn’t mean you have a problem. All it means is that you have to figure out a way to organize all your files better. OCModShop offers a suggestion on what to do as an alternative to actually deleting some of your favourite shows.