“Nvidia is ready for its next-generation GPU launch. According to sources at graphics card makers, the company plans to launch its GeForce 9 series GPU after the Lunar New Year in February.
The first chip to rollout of in GeForce 9 family will be the D9E, a high-end product that adopts 65nm manufacturing. The new product will also support DirectX 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1, revealed the sources.
In addition to the D9E, Nvidia will roll out a mid-range GeForce 9 family product named D9P in June 2008. The new GPU will adopt 55nm processing, the sources pointed out.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Game Journalist May Have Been Fired Over Negative Review @ Slashdot
- Convert Your VHS Tapes to DVD @ OCModShop
- UniBlue SpeedUpMyPC Optimization Software Review @ Tweaknews
- TechSpot Holiday Gift Guide 2007
- Make Your Own Holiday Cards Guide @ Digital Trends
- ASUS WL-500W Super Speed N Multifunctional Wireless Router @ X-bit Labs
- CoolIT USB Beverage Chiller @ [OC]ModShop
- Sitex 2007: The Full Coverage @ Hardware Zone
- Do It Yourself Or Outsource It @ PC Mechanic
- Rbmods Present Geeks.com Giveaway @ Rbmods
Following yesterday’s announcement that AMD’s triple core processors will be available in February, nVIDIA has announced that the GeForce 9 series will also make it’s appearance in the same month. The information DigiTimes has is still pretty vague, nVIDIA is keeping this series close to their chests.