“AT NVIDIA’S recent Editor’s Day to promote its Geforce 8800GT, the firm claimed that rival AMD’s Radeon 2900XT was incapable of HD playback at 2560×1600 resolution.
Nvidia even produced a slide trumpeting the difference and this had AMD seething.
While Nvidia’s own GeForce 8800GTX and 8800Ultra can’t do full-screen in resolutions above 1920×1200, due to its single-key HDCP, this is not true of the ATI Radeon 2900XT – a chip that got beaten by the 8800 in almost every other test.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Open Source, Genetically Engineered Machines From a Kit? @ Slashdot
- Abu Dhabi to buy nine per cent of AMD @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft’s Xbox 360 goes 65nm: Falcon Dissection and Power Consumption @ AnandTech
- AMD Phenom X4 processor pricing update @ Techspot
- Final Valve Interview @ Gamehelper
- AMD Spider Launch Info @ TechARP
- AMD Preparing For Another GPU Documentation Release @ Phoronix