Final Thoughts and ConclusionsAesthetically, the Hiper Group Type R Mk II 880W power supply is the most colorful and attractive unit I have reviewed to date. Bright-blue chrome finish, blue LED fan and a rainbow of internal component colors make this unit stand out. But beauty is more than just skin deep. The Hiper 880W PSU delivers excellent voltage regulation and the overall efficiency is very good. Under normal operating conditions (below 600W load) the Hiper 880W is very quiet. The PSU comes fitted with a good assortment of hard-wired cables and connectors that can support dual, high-end video cards. And let’s not forget 8 USB 2.0 ports and one USB-style mobile device charging port for added connectivity.
While very good in most respects, the Hiper Type R Mk II 880W power supply is not perfect. As with most other CWT built PSUs we have reviewed, the AC ripple on the +12V outputs is relatively high under heavy loads. And a 3-year warranty seems a little week when the norm for high-end enthusiast power supplies is typically 5-years or better.
The Hiper Group Type R Mk II 880W power supply is currently available from our friends at Newegg for $219.99 USD.
• 880W combined DC output
• Excellent voltage regulation
• Very quiet during normal operation
• Very good efficiency
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• 8 USB ports and one USB-style mobile device charging port
• Four +12V outputs, up to 768W combined
• Four PCI-E connectors (6-pin and 8-pin)
• Fixed cables sleeved all the way to the end connector
• Bright blue chrome finish and blue LED fan
• Very colorful, inside and out
• AC ripple on the +12V outputs is relatively high under heavy load
• Only a 3-Year warranty
I would like to thank our friends at the High Performance Group for sending us the Type R MkII 880W PSU to review.
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Hiper Type R MkII 880W PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!