“First of all, DES is not a fad and it will be available on pretty much all GIGABYTE motherboards bar the really low-end models. However, the roll-out will take some time but the good news is that GIGABYTE has already shipped motherboards with DES.
As you surely have figured out, Dynamic Energy Saver is something that will save power; but it’s not very clear how this works from a marketing name alone, so let’s take a closer look at how it all works.”
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Foxconn DigitaLife X38A Intel X38 Express Motherboard Review @ PCSTATS
- Foxconn F1 Motherboard Prototype @ Hardware Secrets
- Asus P5N-T Deluxe 780i Motherboard @ Overclock3D
- MSI & ECS Nvidia 7100 Review @ t-break
- SI X38 Diamond @ Hardware Zone
My motherboard can phase change
Gigabyte has introduced their newest feature for motherboards, Dynamic Energy Saver, which switches power phases on or off, on the fly. With a high end 12 phase motherboard, you can expect to see idle mode running as if it were a three phase board. Tweaktown explains DES in more detail here, and if you want an example of what the power consumption of a DES board is like, check out their review of the GIGABYTE X48-DQ6.