“Intel Unveils 16 New Processors and these are built using 45nm process! To be for sale later this year? Nope, 9 of the 16 are slated for availability this month with the rest of the field showing up in Q1’08.”
Here are some more Processor articles from around the web:
- Intel Announces 16-new CPUs – First look @ Boot Daily
- Intel details its 45nm assault for early 2008 @ The Tech Report
- Intel Talks Menlow and Introduces 45nm CPUs at CES @ AnandTech
- AMD Phenom 9500 Linux Performance @ Phoronix
- Desktop CPU Comparison Guide @ TechARP
The biggest surprise in Intel’s announcement about their 16 new processors is that over half of them will be available very soon. The actual specs are a little light, but you can read about all that is know about them at [H]ard|OCP as well as several other sites. We do know that they are 45nm and the soon to be released C2D CPUs will run betwen 2.10GHz to 3.16GHz. You will have to wait a while for the new quad cores.