Now The Inquirer has heard word that Microsoft will cull DX11 from Windows 7. This rumour seems based in some on the complaints from laptop and GPU vendors who figured that at least 1/3 of PCs out there would not be able to run Windows 7. We all know how well that work with Vista, right?
“THE ‘SHORTHORNING’ of Windows 7 has begun, features are being shed left and right. The latest one is graphics a API, DirectX 11 in this case.
From what we are told by reliable sources. MS was keen on having DX11 be part of Windows 7. DX10, which while technically pretty nifty, is saddled with Vista as an arm twist mechanism, so it is taking off like a water buffalo with bunions and a weight problem”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Ageia Shareholders get the shaft @ Bootdaily
- Actiontec MegaPlug AV200 Mbps Ethernet Adapter @ Techgage
- 2008 PMA Wrap-up @ Digital Trends
- Ageia Goes Green: The Future of Ageia PhysX Discussed @ X-Bit Labs
- Ageia PhysX Card @ DH
- BT – A tale of customer service woes @ Elite Bastards
- Solaris Express Developer Edition 1/08 @ Phoronix
- The Future of iPod Accessories: Cars, Cars, Cars @ CoolTechZone
- Viewsonic DF88W 8-inch Digital Photo Frame @ I4U
- Fedora 9 Alpha Preview @ Phoronix