Final Thoughts and ConclusionsMy experience with the Ultra m998 mid-tower ATX enclosure was both positive and enjoyable. I will seriously consider this case for a future system build. The overall construction and build quality is good and the simple lines and black anodized finish provide a nice background for highlighting all your internal goodies (visible through the large side window). Thanks to its slightly larger size, the m998 can easily accommodate a large PSU, extended ATX motherboard and it comes with 11 drive bays. The two bundled 120mm fans provide good airflow and can be supplemented with an additional 80mm fan on the side window if desired. And if you plan to floor mount this enclosure you will certainly enjoy the optional (included) caster wheels.
Like most things in life, the m998 case isn’t perfect. Some hard-core gamers may find the basic lines and simple styling of the m998 to be too utilitarian and plain. And I’m sure some will complain about the general lack of tool-less mounting options, which really didn’t bother me. My main complaints center around the lack of any vibration isolation mounts for the drive bays and the extra work required to access some of the components (cleaning the front air intake filter and removing the internal drive bays for example).
(Courtesy of Ultra Products)
The MSRP for the Ultra m998 mid-tower ATX case is $199.99 USD but luckily it sells on the street for around $129.99 USD.
• Materials and build quality are good
• Clean styling with beautiful black anodized finish
• Removable top panel (along with both side panels)
• Convenient front panel layout, controls and I/O panel
• 11 Drive bays: (4) 5.25 ext., (2) 3.5” ext. and (5) 3.5” Internal
• Two 120mm cooling fans included (plus additional location for an 80mm fan)
• Good airflow and case ventilation
• Large acrylic side window with CPU and VGA vent openings
• Ultra Power Bar cable management system
• Removable, chrome-plated motherboard tray
• Optional caster wheels included
• No vibration isolation mounts on any drive bays
• General lack of tool-less mounting features
• Very weak User’s Manual
Ultra m998 Mid-Tower ATX Case
I would like to thank our friends at Ultra Products for sending us m998 case to review – thank you! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on the m998 or any of Ultra’s other high quality products.
If you have any questions or comments about this article or would like to see what others have to say about the m998 enclosure, just click into our Cases, Power and Modding forum to join in the discussion!