Final Thoughts and ConclusionsZalman has successfully added another high-quality power supply to their line up. The ZM1000-HP 1,000W power supply’s voltage regulation, line regulation and cross-loading regulation are excellent. The overall efficiency is excellent and AC ripple noise suppression is very good. Under normal operating conditions (below 600W load) the ZM1000-HP is virtually silent. The PSU comes fitted with a large assortment of hard-wired and modular cables that can support multiple, high-end video cards. However, the cables are only 20” long, which may prove a bit short for use in some larger cases.
My main complaint with the ZM1000-HP PSU is the 3-Year warranty. A power supply of this caliber deserves better! And at this price point, a 5-year (or better) warranty should be standard.
The MSRP for the Zalman ZM1000-HP 1,000W power supply is $349.95 USD but our good friends at Sharka Computers currently has them on sale for $312.95 USD.
• 1,000W continuous DC output (up to 45°)
• Excellent voltage regulation
• Very quiet, virtually silent at lower power levels
• Excellent efficiency (80 Plus certified)
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Six +12V outputs, up to 960W combined
• Four PCI-E connectors (two 6-pin and two 8-pin)
• Good combination of fixed and modular cables
• Cables sleeved all the way to the end connector
• Titanium-look chrome finish
• 3-Year Warranty
• Cables may be a little short (20” long) for use in larger cases
The ZM1000-HP truly deserves a Gold Award (if not Editor’s Choice) but because of the lame 3-Year warranty it’s being held back to Silver status.
Zalman ZM1000-HP 1,000W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Zalman for sending us the ZM1000-HP PSU to review. Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Zalman’s great products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the ZM1000-HP PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!