“Thanks to Crucial and our CPU3D reiew team, we take a look at their latest memory product … Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800 4Gb kit. These modules rated at PC2-6400 with super low memory timings of 4-4-4-12. We see how well they’ll perform during some DX10 gameplay and overclocking tests.”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Patriot Memory PC2-9200 2GB EP DDR2 @ Tweaktown
- Aeneon Xtune DDR3-1333 2GB Memory @ Tweaktown
- Patriot Memory PC2-6400 4GB LL DDR2 Kit @ Tweaktown
- Mushkin HP2-6400 4GB Memory Review @ Ninjalane
- Aeneon Xtune PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) 2GB @ Overclock3D
Crucial, and other memory manufacturers, are doing a great job of keeping DDR2 alive as DDR3 matures. Speed increases are continuing, and the prices just keep getting better, which has prompted 4GB kits like the Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800 4Gb kit. CPU3D tried the kit and it’s blinking LEDs out and found that not only is this kit a cheap date, it enjoys going all the way.