“With the introduction of Vista, 2 GB of memory suddenly seems insufficient. Many people have made the jump to 4 GB lately, but on a 32Bit operating system, more is definitely overkill. Today we happen to have a 64 bit operating system installed on our test system, so there’s no stopping us from fully loading our P35 motherboard with… 8 GB of memory. And we even managed to overclock it!”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Corsair Dominator 2x1GB DDR3 PC3-14400 Review @ Hardware Canucks
- First Look at Corsair Dominator TW3X4G1800C8DF G: 4GB DDR3-1800 @ X-Bit Labs
- Crucial Ballistix Tracer Red 800 MHz 4 GB Kit @ techPowerUp
- OCZ DDR3-12800 Platinum vs. Patriot DDR3-1500 Viper @ Bjorn3D
- Kingston HyperX 2GB PC3-13000 @ Legion Hardware
8Gb kits are uncommon, but you can find kits for sale like the OCZ Quad 2Gb that Madshrimps tested. They start out by looking at the rumours surrounding the usage of 8Gbs of RAM in a system, and then dispel them. They felt the only sticking point was the price, but at $200, 2Gb of DDR3 will cost almost as much.