Introduction and Features
Virtually silent! If you are looking for a silent PSU with good voltage regulation, excellent efficiency, and high-end video card support; this PSU deserves a very close look. The Pro82+ features all hard wired cables and is available with four different output capacities ranging from 385W up to 625W.Enermax has a well earned reputation for delivering reliable power supplies, enclosures, and other accessories to the PC enthusiast market. Enermax recently introduced two new series of power supplies to their product line; the Modu82+ and the Pro82+. The Modu82+ features modular cables and is available in three different models ranging in output capacity from 425W up to 625W. The Pro82+ features all hard wired cables and is available with four different output capacities ranging from 385W up to 625W.
Enermax Modu82+ 625W Power Supply
The new Modu82+ and Pro82+ power supplies from Enermax were designed to deliver stable outputs with high efficiency and minimal noise. In fact the Modu82+ and Pro82+ power supplies are some of the first to be certified under the new 80 Plus Bronze classification to be at least 82% efficient at 20% and 100% of the rated output and at least 85% efficient at 50% of the rated output power. And as you will see later on, the Modu82+ 625W unit we have in for review proved to be the quietest power supply we have tested to date!
Enermax Modu82+ 625W PSU Key Features:
• 625 watt continuous power output (up to 40°C)
• Compliant with the latest ATX12V v2.3 standard
• High efficiency operation (82-88% efficient at 20-100% load)
• 12-pin Modular connectors designed to support future graphic adapters
• Supports high-end graphic cards with 6+2 (8-pin) PCI-E connectors
• Gaming ready! (SLI or CrossFire X)
• EMC electromagnetic filtering (CE EMC EN61204-3 compliance)
• AirGuard: Patented air inlet with optimal aerodynamic design
• SafeGuard: Protection circuits for OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP, OTP and SCP
• SpeedGuard: Advanced fuzzy-logic fan speed control reduces noise
• Triple +12V rails for maximum safety and reliability
• All high-quality Japanese capacitors for maximum durability and stability
Packaging and Parts
The Enermax Modu82+ power supply arrived securely packed inside a retail box that highlights the power supplies features and specifications. In addition to the power supply the package includes a power cord, seven modular cables, mounting screws, Enermax case badge, printed User’s Manual, and a package of cable wraps.
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise 2,000 watt DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The Enermax Modu82+ 625W power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• FLUKE 87-III True RMS digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.05%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• Hitachi V-650F 60 MHz dual trace oscilloscope (Accuracy ±3%)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• FLUKE 52-II digital thermometer (Accuracy ±0.3ºC/0.5ºF)
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
• Custom Lian Li PC60 enclosure to simulate real-world operating conditions
Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Enermax’s great products or anything else you may want to buy!