“APPLE IS EXPECTED to announce later today that future feature film release dates on its media marketplace, the Itunes Store, will now coincide with retail DVD release dates.
The groundbreaking move is expected to involve the likes of Fox, Disney, Warner Bros, Paramount, Universal, Sony, Lionsgate and New Line. MGM is conspicuous by its absence.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Memristor — 4th Basic Element of Circuits @ Slashdot
- Wistron to acquire Lite-On display business @ DigiTimes
- Targus Travel Power Outlets Review @ ThinkComputers
- CPU vs. GPU Review @ InsideHW
- TweakGuides Tweaking Companion Updated @ TweakGuides
- NZXT Tempest Giveaway @ Benchmark Reviews
Source: The Inquirer
The Inquirer has broken the news that at some point today Apple will announce that iTunes will start carrying DVDs on the first day of their release. If people can grab their favourite movies the day of their release, instead of waiting up to a month, Blockbuster and other stores lose their major advantage over digital distribution sites like iTunes.