“Patriot’s new Viper Fin DDR3-1866 memory delivers on all counts with great cooling and performance. Enthusiasts will also find what they need with Intel XMP profiles and lots of extra bandwidth for manual overclocking.”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- OCZ Flex II – Life at 1200MHz @ AnandTech
- Corsair Dominator PC2-9136 4GB Memory Kit Review @ HardwareLogic
- Aeneon DDR3-1600 4GB XMP RAM AXH860UD20-16H @ Benchmark Reviews
- A-DATA X-Series DDR3 1600 MHz CL7 2GB Kit @ techPowerUp
- OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 4GB Memory Kit Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- G.SKILL vs. Crucial: high-speed DDR showdown @ HEXUS
- OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 Flex II 4GB @ Legion Hardware
Snakes have fins?
Source: Hardware Zone
Patriot’s new 2GB DDR3 kit is called the Viper Fin PC3-15000, and runs at 1866MHz with 8-8-8-24 timings. Hardware Zone was rather impressed by the new cooling solution, it wasn’t even warm to the touch at 2.5V! A little tweaking and by relaxing the timings just a little, to 9-9-9-28 and bumping the voltage up to 1.9V, they hit 2000MHz.