“Over the last couple years, I’ve been attending various LANs and tech events looking for that other side we rarely get to see. InfernaLAN is just one of the many events sponsored by INTEL and wide variety of vendors and integrators including Patriot Memory, Corsair, BFG, S3 Graphics, IBuyPower, PowerPC, and Alienware.
It was here that I met many of Intel’s finest incognito. These guys take their personal systems as seriously as any enthusiast, cooled with the latest DangerDen water cooled blocks and assembled in some of the sweetest cases created by man. I thought that if they are this much fun and cared enough about what they do to show off all these demo systems, then I really need to see what it is they do.
Well, a couple weeks after, I received a call with an invitation to visit Intel’s mysterious Hawthorn Farm Campus where much of the desktop motherboard and processor magic happens. The dates were picked, test hardware assembled, and the tour schedule set.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Analysis: appeals court unlikely to fix software patent mess @ Ars Technica
- From Necessity to Obsession ….. It’s a Mod Thing @ Modders Inc
- EPU vs. DES power war wages on in Taipei @ Tweaktown
- Asus defends its position on recent rumour @ CPU3D
- TomTom ONE XL S GPS Review @ Digital Trends
- Ubuntu 8.04 KVM Benchmarks @ Phoronix
- Modders-Inc Mod Your Mouse Contest
Virtual-Hideout got a look at some of the serious Intel hardware being shown off at the Hawthorn Farm Campus. Skulltrail and Bonetrail 2, and a really impressive looking cooler are just some of what they saw. Check out all their pictures.