“Foxconn is a relative newcomer to the motherboard business, at least in the retail segment. The truth of the matter is that thhey have been manufacturing motherboards for ages, albeit for other companies. They have only recently entered the retail market under the Foxconn brand name.
Recently, they announced the availability of their new Foxconn BlackOps X48 Express motherboard. This is the latest addition to their Quantum Force series of motherboards, which are designed specifically for extreme overclocking. In fact, it is so packed full of features that Foxconn is proudly claiming that it is far superior to what was considered the ultimate overclocker’s motherboard – the ASUS Rampage Formula.”
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi-AP@n @ t-break
- ASUS Maximus II Formula motherboard review @ Elite Bastards
- ASRock X48TurboTwins-WiFi Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- MSI P45 Platinum Review @ OCC
- MSI P7N2 Diamond 790i Motherboard @ Tweaktown
- Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ZOTAC NVIDIA 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard @ Tweaktown
- Gigabyte GA-EP45 DQ6 Motherboard @ CPU3D
- Sapphire PURE Hybrid Crossfire 780G Review @ Hi-Techreviews
- ASUS Crosshair II Formula Review @ OCC
It only works when unobserved
Source: Tech ARP
Foxconn BlackOps X48 Express has a lot of features bearing the name Quantum for some reason, but don’t let the cheesy naming fool you, this board is rather impressive. It will support DDR3-1600, 8 phase power, and has a rather interesting cooling design which will support cooling with dry ice. That may not be the most useful feature, but it is certainly unique. Drop by TechARP for a closer look.