- 3DMark Vantage: Performance increases of up to 20% are seen in the Performance Preset on single card configured systems when using the ATI Radeon HD 3600 or ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series of products
- Company of Heroes DX10: Performance increases between 3% to 12% are seen in specific maps on single card configured systems when using the ATI Radeon HD 4800, ATI Radeon HD 3800, and ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series of products
- Lost Planet DX10: Performance increases between 4% to 15% are seen in specific maps on single card configured systems when using the ATI Radeon™ HD 4800, ATI Radeon HD 3800, or ATI Radeon™ HD 3600 Series of products
- Call Of Duty 4 DX9: Performance increases of up to 4% in specific maps are seen on single card configured systems when using the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series of products
- Lost Planet DX9: CrossFire scaling improves up to 1.7x and performance increases up to 80% across all ATI Radeon products when Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering are enabled
Catalyst Control Center: Information Center enhancements
- This release of Catalyst introduces an enhancement to the Catalyst Control Center Information Center. Full Hardware information will be shown for each physical graphics accelerator installed in the system.
- Assassin’s Creed: Attempting to launch the game on a system containing an ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 series of product and running the Windows Vista operating system (32 bit version) no longer results in the game exiting to the desktop.
- Crysis: Edge detect is now working when playing the DX9 version of the game with UBM enabled.
- Frontlines Fuel of War: Setting the in-game option to 1152×864 and AA to N/A no longer results in corruption being noticed when playing the game on a system containing an ATI Radeon™ HD 38×0 series of product.
- Hellgate London: Setting the display resolution to 2560×1600 no longer results in the game failing to respond.
- Mahjongg Artifacts: Launching the game on a system running Windows Vista no longer results in the operating system failing to respond.
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2: Flickering is no longer noticed when switching between the game and the Windows desktop.
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2: Setting AA to 8x no longer results in AA failing to be applied.
- World In Conflict: Setting the video quality to high no longer results in corruption being noticed.
- World of Warcraft: The game’s log-in background is no longer blank when using OpenGL mode.
Support for new Linux operating systems
- Ubuntu 8.04 production support
- SLED 10 sp2 production support
- Open Suse 11 – early look
Resolved Issue highlights
- Creating two successive connections no longer results in direct GL context to fail.
- The display no longer fails to display an image after the installation of the Linux graphics driver.
- Corruption is no longer noticed when switching from the laptop’s display to the external CRT display device. SECAM, NTSC or PAL signal changes when using aticonfig or Catalyst Control Center and now gets applied to the TV display output.
- An X segmentation fault no longer occurs when launching SUZI/textured video.
- Ubuntu 7.04: aticonfig — enable-monitor no longer results in X restarting.