“NEWLY ENSCONCED Cap’n Dirk made some of his first utterances as AMD’s CEO in a conference call yesterday.
Asked about whether AMD might respond to Intel’s Atomic push, Meyer said that since AMD is, “a much smaller company with not nearly the scale that our competitor has,” it doesn’t intend, “to try to do absolutely everything they do in the marketplace.””
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Worm Transcodes MP3s To Infect PCs @ Slashdot
- Clean Machines: Keeping Your Electronics Spotless @ ExtremeTech
- Valve hires Half-Life dev, kills off mod @ The Inquirer
- Apple’s Remote Disc Threatens Windows Users @ OSWeekly
- Is Selling Linux Evil? @ CoolTechZone
- Simple Approach to Linux Wireless @ MadPenguin
- Linux 2.6.26 Kernel Benchmarks @ Phoronix
- AMD CEO Hector quits – AMD announces appointment of Dirk Meyer as President and CEO of AMD @ HEXUS
Source: The Inquirer
In a somewhat surprising and very big move for AMD, Hector Ruiz has stepped down as CEO and Dirk Meyer, former president and COO has stepped in to fill that role. The Inquirer got a chance to listen in on his first conference call, and you can read what they learned about the short term future of AMD and a bit on what his focus will be on.