“XTune is Aeneon’s brand of enthusiast level memory modules. While our first encounter with the XTune was less than fantastic, we don’t reject companies from coming back with new products to try out. Today we have the newest addition, being a DDR2 package. That’s right; DDR2 still lives and it’s definitely not going anywhere soon.
The kit sent to us is the DDR2-1142MHz overclocked pack with 2x1GB modules for a total of 2GB in Dual Channel; ideal for both Intel and AMD. These modules aren’t rated for Phenom’s 1066MHz memory controller, but that shouldn’t stop it from working with a bit of a boost in memory voltage.”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- OCZ Flex-II PC2-9200 2GB Memory Kit @ Tweaktown
- Corsair Dominator 4GB PC2-8500 @ Icrontic
- G.SKILL DDR2 PC2-8800 4GB @ 3dGameMan
- Crucial Ballistix DDR3-2000 2GB Dual Channel Memory Kit Review @ ThinkComputers
- Corsair XMS3 DHX PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) 4GB @ Overclock3D
- Crucial Ballistix PC3-16000 2000MHz @ Pro-Clockers
- Kingston HyperX 2GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Memory Kit Review @ Bigbruin
- CSX Diablo3 PC3-16000 (DDR3 2000) 2GB @ Overclock3D
- G.Skill PI 2x2GB PC3-12800 DDR3 Kit Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Crucial Ballistix 1GBx2 PC3-16000 @ Overclockers Online
Aeneon is another of the companies trying to keep DDR2 competitive, having just introduced the XTune DDR2-1142 2GB kit. With timings of 5-5-5-12 and that extra bit of speed, these modules can compete with some of the other top name brands. Unfortunately, they are not for sale yet but you can see how they perform at Tweaktown.