“Kingwin has come to us with its power supplies before, and while that 800w unit did OK, it was not exactly anything we would consider an award winner. Today we have another Kingwin weighing in at a huge ~1200 watts. Can you say “Torture Test at 45C and 960 watts?” Fire extinguisher. Check! Let’s get it on.”
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Cooler Master UCP 700W Power Supply @ Tweaktown
- BFG ES800 Power Supply Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- Cooler Master UCP 1100W power supply review @ Elite Bastards
- Corsair TX750 750Watt Power Supply Review @ Ninjalane
- Corsair TX750W Power Supply @ Overclockers Online
The Kingwin ABT-1220MA1S Mach 1 Power Supply surprised [H]ard|OCP, in a good way. The 800W version that they reviewed recently had positive features, especially in the quality and placement of the wiring, but it also had a lot of problems when it came to testing it’s power quality. The 1220W version kept all of the good points, and fixed the problems they saw previously, except for keeping the warranty at only 1 year.