A Closer Look (Cont’d)The Thermaltake power supply comes with a full complement of cables and connectors, which is good when you have 1,500W to deliver. The wiring harnesses measure approximately 20” long to the first connector and all of the cables are covered with black mesh sleeving. The main 24-pin power cable, two 8-pin EPS12V cables and one set of PCI-E connectors are hard-wired into the PSU, while all the remaining cables are modular.
• Main power connector (20-pin/24-pin)
• (2) EPS12V (8-pin) (one splits to make two 4-pin +12V ATX)
• (4) PCI-E 12V (6-pin)
• (4) PCI-E 12V (8-pin)
• (8) Peripheral Optical/HDD (4-pin)
• (2) Peripheral FDD (4-pin)
• (8) Peripheral Serial ATA (15-pin)
Quad +12V outputs
The Toughpower 1,500W power supply has four 12V outputs (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4). The following table shows the capacity and what connectors are supplied by each output. This appears to be a good distribution with the +12V3 and +12V4 outputs rated at 40A each.