Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Flat World Knowledge: an open-source textbook revolution @ Ars Technica
- Kick the Ugly Out of Ubuntu @ TechwareLabs
- Turning your WHS into a Free Proxy Server @ C.O.D.
- AMD Catalyst 8.9 Gets WINE Fix, RandR 1.2 Support @ Phoronix
- On Our Desk – 13 @ bit-tech
- Bjorn3d.com looks at the AMD Fusion Gaming Utility
- VMware Fusion 2.0 @ PC Mechanic
- Sumo Omni Plus @ Icrontic
- Windows Driver Collection Guide @ Icrontic
In the first and second quarter of 2009 Intel will discontinue twenty processors, ranging from Core 2 Extremes to Celerons. You can also expect a price drop in October on five different CPUs as well as the release of new models during the next few months and into January. As usual, Intel has no comments on this news, but DigiTimes track record for this kind of news is very good. Look forward to Core i7 CPUs and X58 chipsets in November, in addition to the new Duos and Quads.