“Whether you’ve bought an OEM CPU that isn’t supplied with a heatsink and fan, or are looking to upgrade over the stock bundled-in-box unit, your choice of an aftermarket cooler can depend on many variables – from thermal performance, to quietness, to ease of installation. Indeed, we took a look at a ridiculous number of coolers in our megatest last year.
Today, however, we’re looking at just four CPU coolers for Intel LGA 775 CPUs. All of them use the standard push-pin mounting mechanism for nice-and-easy installation, eschewing the need to remove the motherboard from the case to mount backplates.
Lining up from Akasa, Xigmatek and Cooler Master, read on to see which of the contenders comes out on top?”
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Xigmatek Red Scorpion S1283 H.D.T. CPU Cooler @ TweakTown
- EVERCOOL Transformer 6 and TITAN CoolIdol @ X-bit labs
- Cooler Master Sphere CPU Cooler Review @ ThinkComputers
- Cooler Master GeminII S CPU Cooler Review @ ThinkComputers
- Thermaltake Ramorb Review @ Rbmods
- Swiftech Apogee GTZ @ PureOverclock
- Evercool Transformer 6 CPU Cooler Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- Cooler Master Hyper Z600 CPU Cooler @ Overclock3D
- Glacialtech Igloo 7223 Light E Heatsink Review @ Frostytech
- NZXT Sentry LX High Performance Fan Controller Review @ ThinkComputers
- alman CNPS9300 AT CPU Heatsink Review @ High Tech Reviews
- Apevia X-Sniper Tower @ Pro-Clockers
- GMC Noblesse K-2 Ebony Case Review @ DriverHeaven
- Tagan A+ Monolith Full Tower Case Review @ HardwareLogic
- APEVIA X-Master AL/500 Review @ OCC
- Raidmax IceCube SFF Micro ATX Case @ Modders-Inc
- Lian Li PC-X500 @ I4U
- Lian Li PC-V1010B Aluminum Mid-Tower @ AnandTech
HEXUS tried out four different coolers for LGA775 processors. The coolers run from fancily named expensive coolers with funky features like heatpipe direct touch, to an inexpensive and very simple heatsink. The supposedly higher end heatsinks prove that money spent on advertising really isn’t a good investment when a competitor can beat your best at a much lower price.