Introduction and Features
The NZXT Tempest features impressive styling and supports up to 8 internal HDDs. And with six pre-installed 120/140mm case fans, it delivers excellent airflow for outstanding case cooling with minimal noise.Introduction
NZXT’s complete line of PC enclosures, accessories, and power supplies has quickly gained market recognition among PC enthusiasts and gamers alike. In addition to the Classic series, which includes eight enclosures, NZXT’s Crafted Series features eight more enthusiast grade mid-tower enclosures including the Tempest, which we will be taking a detailed look at today.
The NZXT Tempest mid-tower enclosure features nine interchangeable 5.25” drive bays, eight internal 3.5” drive bays and comes with six large case fans installed for outstanding case cooling with minimal noise. And because the Tempest is built upon a steel chassis it offers excellent value as well.
(Courtesy of NZXT)
With six pre-installed 120/140mm fans, the Tempest is designed to maximize air circulation leading NZXT to claim the Tempest as the airflow king among mid-tower enclosures. And if you think the Tempest looks familiar you would be right — it is very similar in form and function to Antec’s popular Nine Hundred enclosure. However, the Tempest is slightly larger (taller and deeper) and comes with more fans and more HDD storage space than the Nine Hundred.
Here is what NZXT has to say about their new Tempest enclosure:
“Tempest features breakthrough features in every category satisfying the high performance demands of PC Enthusiasts and Gamers worldwide. Tempest stakes its claim as Airflow King with 6 fans including dual intake (120mm), dual exhaust (140mm), with additional side and rear fans (120mm) all included. Tempest maximizes expandability with E-ATX support allowing for more compatibility with high end components including larger graphics cards. Cable routing is pre-drilled so users can hide cables behind the motherboard tray, allowing for cleaner appearance and improved airflow. Tempest also features server-like HDD space by using dual 120mm fans to cool cages holding up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity systems while maintaining cool temperatures.”
NZXT Tempest Crafted Series Key Features:
• Airflow King: Dual 120mm intake, dual 140mm exhaust with an additional side 120mm fan and rear 120mm fan makes NZXT Tempest one of the top cases in maximizing air circulation in all areas.
• Maximize Expandability: E-ATX support with more compatibility for high end components including large graphic cards, high end power supplies, and server motherboards.
• Easier Accessibility and Cable Management: Cable routing is pre-drilled on the motherboard tray so users can hide cables, allowing for a cleaner look and better airflow. Power, E-SATA, USB and Reset buttons are mounted at the top for better accessibility.
• Bottom Mounted PSU: The power supply is mounted at the bottom of the case for better stability and separation of heat from the main CPU area.
• Server-Like HDD Space: Dual 120mm fans cool cages that hold up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity storage systems while maintaining cool temperatures.
• Water-Cooling Friendly: The Tempest chassis is pre-drilled for water-cooling tube access and supports dual 120mm radiator at the top panel.
Next page – Specifications and Packaging