Final Thoughts and ConclusionsThe SilverStone Nightjar ST45NF fan-less power supply is a unique product designed for a niche market. Under the right conditions it can deliver up to 450W of clean, well-regulated DC power with support for a high end video card. However, for this unit to operate successfully (especially at higher loads) you must pay close attention to the type of case you use, the amount of case airflow, and meeting the 25°C ambient air requirements.
Personally I’m not obsessed with obtaining zero noise emissions. I’m quite happy with running an oversized PSU at 30~40% of its rated capacity, which results in minimal fan noise, clean outputs, and good efficiency. But for those end users who are looking for a silent, fan-less PC power supply, the SilverStone ST45NF deserves a very close look.
The SilverStone Nightjar ST45NF fan-less power supply is currently available with a typical street price of $200 USD.
• Silent operation (no fan)
• Excellent voltage regulation
• Excellent build quality with server grade components
• Excellent efficiency along with Active PFC
• Single +12V output up to 35A
• Dual PCI-E connectors support high-end graphic adapter
• Black mesh sleeved cables
• Aluminum chassis
• 25°C (or less) ambient air requirement (internal case air temperature)
• Doesn’t provide any case air flow
• Requires 230VAC line voltage to deliver 450W DC output
I would like to thank our friends at SilverStone for sending us the Nightjar SST-ST45NF PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of SilverStone’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the SilverStone ST45NF PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling, and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!