“BIG CHEESES at the Mozzarella Foundation have decided not to bother with making Firefox Mobile work with the bright and shiny Google Android.
Instead the cunning plan is to produce a Linux native edition of Firebadger Mobile for the Nokia Internet Tablet.
After that it will look at producing versions for touchscreen and non-touchscreen editions of Windows Mobile”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Buy an oil cooled PC for $11k @ Hack a Day
- Angstrom picks up AMD leftover @ The Inquirer
- NVIDIA’s Big Bang 2 @ TechARP
- NVIDIA CUDA @ Digit-Life
- Nvidia to encourage partners to develop for Mac @ bit-tech
- Technology and the World Recession @ OCModShop
- DYMO DiscPainter Reviewed @ TheTechLounge
- CPU3D Interview with Team Fnatic and MSI
- Pawlowski explains Turbo Boost in IDF Fall keynote @ Tweaktown
- Life Can Be Simple According to Philips @ Hardware Zone
- The TR Podcast 21: Win a free Acer Aspire One netbook
- NZXT Avatar Mouse Giveaway @ Modders-Inc
- October Halloween Contest @ Bjorn3D
Source: The Inquirer
Mozilla seems to be in a snit with Google for some reason, possibly Chrome, possibly not. Whatever the reason, Mozilla isn’t working on getting Firefox to work on the Android phone anymore. Since The Jobs considers any attempt to get Firefox working on the iPhone a breach of it’s SDK, that leaves Linux for the upcoming Nokia Internet Tablet. The Inquirer doesn’t leave much hope for fans of the open source browser who want it on their mobile devices.