“Our goal was to get some of the highest-performing memory kits and pit them against each other over various different benchmarks. This time we are mainly going to concentrate on the performance of the kits, not the technology behind them. The people at CSX, Patriot, Crucial, G.Skill, Mushkin and Corsair were nice enough to join us. Now that the contenders were sorted out we can get busy…”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- 4GB DDR3 1,600MHz to 1,800MHz memory roundup – Part 1 @ bit-tech
- G.Skill PI Black PC2-6400 4GB @ Legion Hardware
- A-Data Vitesta Extreme Edition DDR2 4 GB 800+ MHz CL4 @ techPowerUp
- Corsair DDR3-1,600MHz: worth the premium over DDR2? @ HEXUS
- A-DATA Vitesta Gaming DDR2-800 4GB Kit @ Phoronix
Speaking of low powered, high speed RAM; MektuMods have finished a round-up of high speed DDR3 of which only one DIMM, the CSX Diablo3 2000 2GB Kit requires 2V, the rest were designed to run between 1.8V – 1.95V, making them safe for the Core i7. Once they got into overclocking, the voltages did start to rise which could prove to be a problem for people really wanting to push Intel’s upcoming chip. Drop by to see the strengths and weaknesses of each kit.