“We were expecting the overclocked system to run fairly hot … but with a dual radiator watercooling system expertly built by BEAST Computers, our temperatures for the HydroBox system was at a constant 38 degrees. Excellent. We’ll be attempting higher overclocks later … With a little patience and some carefully BIOS tweaking … I think we could archieve 4.2Ghz.”
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- bit-tech’s Hardware Buyers’ Guide for November 2008
- November Shopping List @ PCSTATS
- Dell Studio Hybrid Small Form Factor Desktop @ HotHardware
- iBuyPower Australia FragBox SFF PC @ Tweaktown
- The frustrations of building a new PC @ Hardware Analysis
Ever wish you could see more reviews of insanely powerful boxes that would break your bank account? CPU3D, with the help of some sponsors has done just that. Their Hydrobox V is a Gigabyte GA-EP45-Extreme, with an overclocked Q9650 @ 4.05GHz (9×450), 2Gb of Crucial Ballistix DDR3-2000 and two Gigabyte Radeon HD 4870X2s, plus some custom watercooling. It falls just short of 40fps for Crysis at High Quality, x4 AA and x16 AF.