ConclusionsThe NZXT Sentry LX is a great looking fan controller that allows setting and monitoring the speed of multiple fans and monitoring up to five channels of temperature along with displaying the time and date. The unit is easy to install and setup and the accuracy of the displayed fan speeds and temperatures are good for all channels. One potential watch-out is the 4W per channel power limitation. This will exclude many larger, high speed case fans. Check each fan you plan to use and confirm it doesn’t draw more than 0.33A before connecting up to the Sentry LX.
If you are in the market for an elegant fan speed controller that also provides temperature monitoring and control, then the Sentry LX may just be what you want. It looks fantastic and is fun to use.
The Sentry LX fan controller is currently available with a typical street price of $59.99 USD.
• Pure eye-candy
• Large LCD screen displays five fan speeds and temperatures
• Automatic fan speed control based on temperature (with Manual override)
• Five sensors for monitoring temperature and controlling fans
• Programmable temperature alarm for each channel
• Displays time, date, and day of the week
• Easy to install and setup
• 4 watts per channel (0.33A) maximum capacity
• Doesn’t support PWM fans
• Comes with only 3-pin fan connectors (no 4-pin adapters included)
NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller
I would like to thank our friends at NZXT for sending us the Sentry LX to review – thanks! If you have any questions or comments about this article or would like to see what others have to say about the NZXT Sentry LX fan controller, just click into our Cases, Power and Modding forum to join in the discussion!