Introduction and Features
Zalman’s latest case is a good looking full-tower enclosure that provides plenty of room, up to six hot-swap HDD bays, and promises excellent case cooling at an affordable price. Check out the review and see if it delivers!Introduction
In the past Zalman has specialized in high end, all aluminum, mid-tower enclosures that were both elegant and expensive. While continuing to offer great styling and features, the new GS1000 professional full-tower enclosure breaks from this tradition and promises more expandability and convenience at a more affordable price ($179 USD).
The Zalman GS1000 full-tower enclosure features a steel chassis with a brushed aluminum and plastic exterior, four 5.25” external drive bays, up to eight internal 3.5” drive bays, and comes with two 120mm case fans (with room for three more). The large enclosure supports Extended-ATX motherboards and is available in either a black-on-black or black-on-titanium finish.
Zalman GS1000 Full-Tower Enclosure
One of the more notable features is the inclusion of three hot-swap HDD bays located behind one of the two touch-to-open front panel doors. Three more hot-swap bays can be added as an option.
Zalman GS1000 Full-Tower Enclosure Key Features:
• Professional grade, Full-Tower enclosure
• Supports E-ATX, Standard ATX, and microATX motherboards
• Four external 5.25” bays (with two 3.5” device adapters)
• Up to eight internal HDD bays
• Up to six hot-swap HDD bays (3 standard, 3 optional)
• Tool-free HDD installation
• Vibration absorbing HDD dampers and feet
• Designed for optimal airflow
• Roller-rails for smooth and easy PSU installation
• Cable compartment behind motherboard for cable management
• Dedicated fan compartment underneath PSU
• Top mounted I/O panel with cover
• Available in Black or Titanium
Next page – Specifications and Packaging