Final Thoughts and ConclusionsThe OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W tested out to be a good power supply. It produced good voltage regulation and delivers excellent efficiency. In addition, the ModXStream does its job very quietly, is 80Plus and NVIDIA SLI certified, and comes backed with OCZ’s PowerSwap warranty. On the down side, the DC outputs were not as clean (AC ripple) as we have come to expect from OCZ and PC Power & Cooling. And the 3-Year warranty goes along with the lower price point.
The OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W power supply is currently available and typically sells for around $94.99 USD.
• 600W continuous DC output (up to 50°)
• Very good voltage regulation
• Excellent efficiency across a broad range of loads
• Very quiet at all but the highest power levels
• Dual +12V output can deliver up to 42A combined load
• Two PCI-E connectors support high-end graphic adapters
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• 80-Plus and NVIDIA SLI certified
• Compact form factor (160mm long)
• OCZ PowerSwap warranty
• DC outputs a little noisier (AC ripple) than we would like to see
• 3-Year warranty (vs. 5-Year)
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at OCZ for sending us the ModXStream Pro 600W PSU to review. Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of OCZ’s great products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about OCZ ModXStream Pro PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!