Firefox users may not have to worry about the same exploit, but that doesn’t make you any safer. The Inquirer has details of the just released 3.0.5 update available today. There are eight security patches in this update including several every bit as dangerous as the IE flaw.
“SMUG FIREFOX users snickering as they watch Microsoft’s scramble to patch Internet Exploder’s critical zero-day security vulnerability can wipe those smiles off their faces and get to updating.
Mozzarella has just unleashed Firebadger 3.0.5, which fixes three critical security flaws in the leading open sauce web browser.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Parallels 4.0 for Mac @ Ars Technica
- Get TV/Movies, Books, Software and Games Free @ Digital Trends
- The Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Program @ TechARP
- NVIDIA’s ION platform aims to make Atom netbooks better @ HEXUS
- evel One N_One 11n Wireless Broadband Router @ X-Bit Labs
- Graphics Coming Back to Intel Architecture: Interview with Intel Visual Computing Group @ X-Bit Labs
- M-Rock Zion 525 Camera Backpack @ Futurelooks
- Drop the bass! – Magix Music Maker 15 @ HEXUS
- The TR Podcast 28: Graphical eye candy, the nettablet, and congratulations, it’s a boy!
- NVIDIA Linux 2008 Year in Review @ Phoronix
- TweakTowns Christmas 2008 Blu-ray Gift Guide
- College Football Bowl Game Challenge – Win Prizes From NZXT @ Bigbruin