“Just one day after our confidential source revealed the rough dates for the release of Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista, we have details of what’s really part of the new Service Pack 2 and how it will be released. Let’s take a look!
Service Pack 2 is a single service pack which will update both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 products. In addition to previously released updates, it will include support for new types of hardware and several emerging standards.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Moody AMD lashes out at Intel @ The Inquirer
- Netbook sales are up, but do users actually like them? @ Ars Technica
- Ask Loyd—6 Questions You’re Afraid to Ask @ ExtremeTech
- TSMC reports more than 30% decline in 4Q08; to see first loss in 20 years in 1Q09 @ DigiTimes
- Welcome to eTeknix Video
- PDATE: Microsoft Laying off 5,000 Employees @ OCModShop
- Travel Tips: Keeping Electronics and Gadgets Safe @ Digital Trends
Source: Tech ARP
TechARP is all about Vista Service Pack 2; first by reporting on the likely release dates, and now on the features that SP2 will add. You will see support for 64-bit CPUs from VIA, more Wi-Fi features, even improvements to DirectX. If Windows 7 releases according to schedule, Vista is in for a very short run; hopefully SP2 will help people remember it in the future with a little less loathing.