“Although Microsoft has consistently asserted in public that Windows 7 will probably only be launched in 2010, the truth is they are rushing for a December 2009 release. How close are they? Well, one of Windows 7’s key components, Internet Explorer 8 is almost ready for launch!
We just received word that Microsoft is ready to release Internet Explorer 8 to manufacturing (RTM) in the next few weeks. Let’s take a look at the information we managed to get our grubby little hands on!”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Intel files lawsuit against Nvidia @ bit-tech
- Nikon Coolpix S710 Review @ Digital Trends
- Sony HDR-SR11 Review @ Digital Trends
- Interview with “Head Psyko” James Hildebrandt @ Techgage
- Mobile World Congress 2009 – Showfloor Coverage Part 1
- Mobile World Congress 2009 – Showfloor Coverage Part 2 @ Hardware Zone
- Samsung SPF-85V Digital Photo Frame @ Overclockers Online
- Win a Thermaltake V9 Black Edition Gaming Case @ eTeknix
IE 8 almost ready for prime time
Source: Tech ARP
In the last half of March, users of XP and Vista will be able to try out the new Internet Explorer, with exciting new features like a “monetization ecosystem”. While it is hard to know exactly what is meant by that phrase, Tech ARP makes a likely guess, it will have something to do with advertisements. The other focus of the update is searches, it sounds as though the web portal will be resurrected once again. There are also some unspecified privacy and security improvements; we will see how well those work in about a month.