“Thanks to Asus, we’ve just received a sample of the Asus M4A78T-E motherboard. It’s one of the first 790GX based motherboard that fully supports AMD’s AM3 processors, CrossfireX and DDR3 ram. It features Asus’s EPU, Express Gate and a new 8+1 power phase design. What I like about this motherboard is that, you can use the onboard graphics which is provided by the 790GX chipset, and it contains a wealth of video outputs including HDMI, DVI and D-Sub, which is plenty to get you started. If you want more graphics power … all you have to do is installed a dedicated PCIe graphics card.
We’ve already seen what the Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P can do … it featured the AMD 790FX chipset, Gigabyte’s UltraDuable3 and supports all AM3 processors as well as DDR3 ram. It competed very well against similar motherboards in its class, and it showed how the use of DDR3 ram can improve performance. So what can we expect form the Asus M4A78T-E motherboard? Read on and find out.”
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASRock AOD790GX/128M AM2+ Motherboard @ Benchmark Reviews
- Battling for the AM3 Crown – AMD 790FX Motherboard Shootout @ Hardware Zone
- Gigabyte GA- MA790GP-DS4H AM2+ Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- 2 BIOS Features added to the BIOS Optimization Guide @ TechARP
- eVGA X58 3X SLI Review @ OCC
- ASRock N7AD-SLI Motherboard Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R Ultra Durable 3 Motherboard @ Futurelooks
- Asus P6T Motherboard Review @ Rbmods
- Asus P6T Review @ OCC
As CPU3D puts at in the very start of their review, “AM3+DDR3+790GX=VG”, and even better it is also <$150. The list of features that this board sports should be enough to satisfy anyone looking at this price range for a PC, many users may only scratch the surface of the options available. Overclocking was not spectacular, though as CPU3D hit the same frequencies as with the Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P, it might be worth them trying a different Phenom II to see if the results change. If you are just looking for onboard video, or wanting to set up a Crossfire rig, this board should be a solid contender when you are spending your hard earned money.