“We previously tested the effects of overclocking different aspects of an AMD Phenom 1 powered system, today we delve into Phenom II performance scaling, from raw CPU speed, HT Link, Northbridge to HT Link and more. If you want to get the most out of your Phenom II system, this is a must read!”
Here are some more Processor articles from around the web:
- AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ InsideHW
- AMD Phenom II 720 X3 Black Edition Processor Review @ OCIA
- Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 6.9 @ TechARP
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550S Processor Review @ Legit Reviews
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 vs E8600: The battle of the caches! @ Madshrimps
Madshrimps have done a lot of heavy lifting with the new Phenom so that you don’t have to. They have been testing almost every variable in the system to pinpoint the proper targets for overclocking. The HT Link was a bit of a disappointment; as it cannot go beyond the frequency of the NB that is not too much of a worry. Memory frequency increases helped benchmarking and little else, while bumping up the integrated memory controller provided more satisfaction. Read the full article to see more tweaking.