Final Thoughts and ConclusionsThe Corsair TX850W power supply delivers solid outputs, with excellent voltage regulation and good efficiency. Under normal operating conditions (below 600W load) the TX850W is relatively quiet. The TX850W comes fitted with hard-wired cables that can support dual, high-end video cards. And let’s not forget active PFC, universal AC input and Corsair’s 5-year warranty!
Overall, most higher-capacity Channel Well Technology built power supplies have proven to be excellent but they have a weakness, which is higher levels of AC ripple on the DC outputs. While still well within spec, the TX850W continues to exhibit relatively high levels of AC ripple, especially at max load. In reality however, the TX850 should perform very well in real-world operation. I typically wouldn’t push an 850W PSU beyond about 600W (which is approximately 70% of the max rated capacity) and at that level the TX850 performs very well.
The Corsair TX850W power supply is currently available and can be found selling for around $129.99 USD. That is a very competitive price for a strong 850W power supply.
• Up to 850W DC output
• Solid, stable voltages with excellent voltage regulation
• Relatively quiet during normal operation (below 600W output)
• Very good build quality with high quality components
• Good efficiency along with Active PFC (80 Plus certified)
• Single +12V output up to 70A (840W)
• Black mesh sleeved cables
• Four PCI-E connectors for dual graphic card support
• Competitive pricing
• Backed by a 5-year warranty
• Relatively high levels of AC ripple on the DC outputs at max load
• May be noisy for some at higher loads (above 600W and 30°C)
Corsair TX850W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair Micro for sending us the new TX850W PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Corsair’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Corsair TX850W PSU, just click into this thread in our forums to join in the discussion!