“Foxconn is going to try with their latest addition to their high-end board sector (known as Quantum Force) for enthusiasts and overclockers with this one being called the Flaming Blade. Unfortunately there is no pricing available from Newegg yet, as this board is extremely new, so let’s hope its performance warrants the wait for it to arrive on the market.
Today we are pitting the Flaming Blade against the already tested Blood Rage and the ASUS P6T Deluxe OC Palm Edition board which is our test bed setup.”
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- 289 Square Centimeters: High-Performance Mini-ITX Platforms Comparison @ X-bit Labs
- DFI X58 T3H6 JR mATX Motherboard @ Overclock3D
- ASRock X58 SuperComputer Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- Asus Rampage II Gene @ Neoseeker
- ASRock X58 SuperComputer @ Phoronix
- BIOS Option Of The Week – DOS Flat Mode @ TechARP
- ASUS M4A79 Deluxe Motherboard @ iXBT Labs
- ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Motherboard @ Benchmark Reviews
- MSI’s 790FX-GD70 AM3 Motherboard, DDR 3 for Phenom II @ HotHardware
- AMD AM3 motherboard shootout: DFI DK 790FXB-M3H5 vs MSI 790DX-GD70 @ Madshrimps
X58 naming schemes have gotten a little aggressive, for instance the Foxconn Blood Rage. They have also released a hot new X58 bearing the moniker Flaming Blade, which TweakTown is pitting against it’s older brother and meekly named ASUS OC Palm. Does the fierce naming scheme translate into savage performance, or can ASUS perform some sleight of hand? Read on to see if this ~$200 board deserves it’s handle.